1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Bulletin Response Rate

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by John Borst on Aug 7, 2018.

1. John Borst

By:John BorstAug 7, 2018
    Community Member

Retired Education Administration and Teacher
    For the 2018 -19 Rotary year, I have taken on the responsibility for the District Governor's Newsletter. I was quite disappointed in the "open" rate for July. It was only at 44%, 621/1401 recipients. I am interested to know what kind of response rate others are achieving. If you are achieving over 50% please direct me to a sample of your bulletin design and content. My design is new to the members; https://rotary5550.org/bulletin/View/d2ae43d7-f916-4b1f-8c59-2f848dcb759b.

2. Les Walsh

By:Les WalshAug 9, 2018 at 1:26 AM
    Community Member
    Beta Tester

3. John Borst

By:John BorstAug 9, 2018 at 1:41 PM
    Community Member

Les, thanks for the data. The August response rate is currently sitting at 51% but I am not confident in the result because of the trouble with the e-mail server. There are about 300 unknowns not accounted for and I know the ones from our club are correct.

I have a lot to learn about the bulletin widgets. I noticed your bulletin is quite long. My philosophy is to keep them short. I want the e-mail page to show everything on the first screen. It is picture based with headlines. I figure I have about 1-2 seconds to have 1 of the four catch the readers attention and click on it. I have placed the story in the website's library/story archive. I didn't use the Bulletin Stories widget because I could not find the URL and didn't want the read more at the end of the page. Can anyone tell me what the thinking behind the difference in the design and function of the Bulletin Stories operation and the Home Stories Website widget? I ended up using a picture with the caption and putting a link to the Story in both the picture and the text.

4. John Borst

By:John BorstAug 9, 2018 at 2:03 PM
    Community Member

Les, I just read your comment at the Bootstrap thread, which because I do not know code, I barely understand. However, you mention using website stories in the bulletin and that is what I do. As I mention I place a picture with Text in a widget and then link both to the story URL using "Custom URL".