1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Calendar Subscription Doesn't Work on Mobile Phone Calendar

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Richard Blakeman on Jul 19, 2021.

1. Richard Blakeman

By:Richard BlakemanJul 19, 2021
    Community Member

Rotarian
    I like the 'Subscribe to Calendar' function and have 'subscribed' my club's ClubRunner event calendar to my Google calendar. Club events are now showing automatically on the pc version of my Google Calendar and updating beautifully. However the club's events do not show on the mobile phone version of my Google Calendar. I hear from others that it does not appear on their Apple calendar on their I-phones either. A similar subscription function on my footy club's event calendar works fine with Google calendar , so it's not a Google problem. Is their something additional I need to do to make the ClubRunner calendar subscription work on mobile phones/tablets?

2. Mark WILLIAMS

By:Mark WILLIAMSJul 20, 2021
    Active Community Member

Engineer
    You may need to check if the calendar in your phone is subscribed to that particular Calendar. Obviously you have successfully subscribed your Google account to the calendar, but that does not always automatically get reflected on your phone when you add new calendars to your Google account.

If you open your month view on your phone calendar, and then tap the hamburger menu on the top left and then expand the Google section under "My Phone" you'll get a list of calendars available. Make sure the Clubrunner Calendar is selected. 2021-07-20-18.29.jpg

3. Richard Blakeman

By:Richard BlakemanJul 20, 2021
    Community Member

Rotarian
    Hi Mark, I'm actually using the Google Calendar on my Samsung mobile phone. The ClubRunner calendar does not appear as an option there - even though other calendars to which I am subscribed are listed.

4. Michael C.

By:Michael C.Jul 21, 2021
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Richard,

If the events from your club's event calendar are properly updating your Google Calendar on your PC, but not on your phone, this leads me to believe that this is a synchronization issue with the Google Calendar application itself, rather than with ClubRunner.

I have tested your club's calendar on my own phone, utilizing both Google Calendar and the Samsung Calendar applications, and the club's events had properly synchronized between the PC version of Google Calendar, and both of my calendar applications, displaying the club's upcoming events after ensuring that synchronization had been enabled for the calendar. Here is a screenshot:

Calendar.jpg.png

I would recommend taking a look at the following support article from Google regarding syncing your Google Calendar application. This article outlines a few different ways you can troubleshoot this issue to ensure synchronization is successful between the two devices.
    https://support.google.com/calendar/answer/6261951?co=GENIE.Platform=Android&oco=0#zippy=,check-that-youre-using-the-google-calendar-app,check-that-the-calendar-is-visible

I suspect that in your case, the synchronization setting for this calendar may have been disabled on your mobile device inadvertently, preventing the calendar from appearing on your phone.

Please note that as this does appear to be an issue with the Google Calendar application itself, our team is quite limited in the support we can provide at this time, and will have to direct you to Google Resources and support team for further assistance.

I hope this was helpful! Please let me know if you have any questions. Should you make any progress on this, please do let us know!

5. Richard Blakeman

By:Richard BlakemanOct 4, 2021
    Community Member

Rotarian
    Thank you for this Michael. It was a while before I could back to looking at this, but when I did I got it to work quite quickly. In Google calendar on my android, I just needed to go into 'Settings' via the three parallel lines icon in the top left corner, scroll down until I found the club calendar listed, select it and then select 'sync'. It worked immediately. You might like to add the extra step on your 'how to' guide?

Zach likes this.