1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Can a pdf be added to the Newsletter Stories?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kathy Schmidt on Nov 5, 2018.

1. Kathy Schmidt

By:Kathy SchmidtNov 5, 2018
    New Community Member

Retired
    Many items I receive are in the form of a PDF for the newsletter. Copy/paste removes all the formatting and
    the logos don't copy either. Thoughts on this? Is it possible to upload a pdf or does it have to be converted to
    something? Thanks!

2. Mickey

By:MickeyNov 5, 2018
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Kathy,

Certainly you can add files into your bulletin, including PDFs. Some Clubs design their entire bulletin in MS Word or some other program, export to PDF, then simply attach that PDF bulletin inside a ClubRunner bulletin (this lets them use their bulletin program of choice, while still utilizing ClubRunner's email and bulletin stats & archiving system).

This works well because you are not attaching the actual file (let's say it's 8 MB in size for example), instead you are attaching a link to that file which is stored on our server. This means your emailed bulletin remains small, instead of being 8+ MB large. When the user clicks on the file, they download that file (PDF etc.) off our server onto their device.

To do this use the "Bulletin Download Files" widget:
    https://docs.clubrunnersupport.com/bulletin/bulletin-content/widgets-list/#download-files

Inside your Club website, in the Bulletins section, I have also created an example bulletin for you called "Bulletin Download File Example".

If you have further questions don't hesitate to post again.

3. Kathy Schmidt

By:Kathy SchmidtNov 5, 2018
    New Community Member

Retired
    Thank you Mickey. I understand what you are saying but I'm just getting acclimated to this program and using the template the previous person was using. I just need to know
    if I can upload a pdf within a clubrunner template using one of the widgets. So far I have had no success.

4. Mickey

By:MickeyNov 6, 2018
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Kathy,

Using the "Bulletin Download Files" widget I mentioned, you will be able to 'attach' PDF files (or other types of files) to your bulletin. Feel free to try it out by adding the "Bulletin Download Files" widget into any of your existing bulletins. The widget is found in the "Essentials" widget category:

[​IMG]

Let me know if you have any issues or questions.

David H. likes this.