1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

ClubRunner phone app

Discussion in 'General Support' started by Chris McGrath on Aug 20, 2018.

1. Chris McGrath

By:Chris McGrathAug 20, 2018
    Community Member

It has been found that removing the leading digit in the home phone number and mobile number that the app does not always dial the number. If it does you will get a message to indicate the number does not exist.

Let me explain, this is unique to the Australian phone system as far as I know.

e.g. 02 59 2449 now becomes 61 259 2449 for landline
    0418 544 788 now becomes 61 418 544 788 for mobile phone

It seems on the surface adding the zero to numbers that don't currently have them should fix the problem.
    Another point too, the numbers should be spaced in a similar block fashion as above for ease of reading. It is quite a challenge to read up to 11 numbers not spaced when you need to make a quick reference to it.

As we have freedom to vary the way we enter the numbers excepting the 61 country code it is a little confusing.
    I know the ClubRunner team have been working on this, we need to make sure all districts in Australia are happy to change to suit all applications.

As a note if you already have a Rotary member in your contact list you won't experience this problem.

I trust my explanation and request will bring forward some suggestions.

2. David H.

By:David H.Sep 7, 2018
    ClubRunner Team

Yes, several members from Australian mentioned the issue in the past. We are very close in coming out with a resolution to this issue. When the member uses the APP to call or text it will add the county code in front of the number. I know 61 418 544 788 and 61 0418 544 788 will work without issue, mobile phones are fine, but I think there might be an issue with landlines.

Could you please do some testing for me on your cell phone?
    Please call a landline number with 61 and the local number, without the 0 and the 2 (no area code). Does it work?
    Please call a landline number with 61 and the local number, with the 2 (area code). Does it work?
    Please call a landline number with 61 and the local number, with the 0 and 2 (area code). Does it work?

At the moment we display the phone numbers how members enter them into ClubRunner. We do not format the numbers into the correct format. We are looking into this with a future update.

3. Mark WILLIAMS

By:Mark WILLIAMSSep 8, 2018
    Community Member

Engineer
    Please call a landline number with 61 and the local number, without the 0 and the 2 (no area code). Does it work?

Nope. Neither should it because a country code must be followed by an area code. I get told it is an invalid number.

Please call a landline number with 61 and the local number, with the 2 (area code). Does it work?

Yes. This works, as does +61 2 xxxx xxxx (just adding a plus on the front end)

Please call a landline number with 61 and the local number, with the 0 and 2 (area code). Does it work?

No. This does not work for me. I get told it is an invalid number.

--mark

4. David H.

By:David H.Sep 10, 2018
    ClubRunner Team

Thank you for the testing Mark. I have passed this to our Developers so when we update the app we will make sure it works correctly. I will post again once I get more news.