1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Confusing Instructions

Discussion in 'Website Customization' started by ClarkNK on Sep 25, 2021.

1. ClarkNK

By:ClarkNKSep 25, 2021
    Community Member

Retired
    Canandaigua, NY, United States of America
    I am creating a new page on our site to get some practice in using Clubrunner.

When I go to the properties of the page I get the confusing question (see image below): "Check this box if you would like to add this page immediately to the Home Page"

The page I am creating is going to be a different page on the site; it has nothing to do with the Home Page, which is the default page when someone goes to the site.

Why would it ever be "added to the Home Page"?? What is that question supposed to mean?

Capture.PNG

2. Michael C.

By:Michael C.Sep 27, 2021
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Clark,

The "Display on home page" option is in regards to the Custom Page and Site Page homepage widgets.

These widgets will display a list of links to the club's Custom Pages and Site Pages respectively, and by selecting this option, it will determine whether or not your page will appear within these widgets.

Additionally, if these widgets have not been added to the club's homepage in the first place, these links will not be displayed.

Here is an article that you can use to learn more:
    https://www.clubrunnersupport.com/kb/articles/widget-site-pages

Please note that although this article is specifically for the Site Pages widget, the custom page widget will work very similarly.

Here is a screenshot of what this would look like for the Site Pages widget:

[​IMG]

3. ClarkNK

By:ClarkNKSep 27, 2021
    Community Member

Retired
    Canandaigua, NY, United States of America
    Thank you for the explanation.