1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Home Page Stories Vs Home Page News

Discussion in 'General' started by Chris McGrath on Sep 4, 2020.

1. Chris McGrath

By:Chris McGrathSep 4, 2020
    Active Community Member

Is there a way to have both Home Page stories and Home page news on the home page at the same time?
    It seems that if I add items to one or the other that there is a repeat of information instead of a separate listing.
    Is there a function with the same values as stories, but new information can be provided on Home page under the new heading and not conflict with stories.
    I hope this makes sense..

2. Mickey

By:MickeySep 4, 2020
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Chris,

This is a good question - to clarify, the homepage "Stories" and "News" widget are separate, different widgets, though both widgets can contain website stories. They were designed like this, so that you could store different sets of stories inside each widget. Further details:
    https://www.clubrunnersupport.com/article/1155-what-is-the-difference-between-news-and-stories

However - I did a little digging on your club website and found that what is happening is that your "News" widget was renamed to 'Stories' and that your "Stories" widget was renamed to 'News'. This would indeed cause confusion. So I did two things:

1. I renamed the two 'back' - therefore on your homepage you'll now see "Home Page News" where it used to say "Home Page Stories" before, because you're actually using the News widget on your homepage, not the Stories widget.

2. Since I was not able to find another instance of it on your public pages, I cleared out "Homepage Stories". It's now empty, feel free to (independently) add stories into your Homepage Stories widget, apart from Homepage News.

If this isn't clear or you have more questions please post again.

3. Chris McGrath

By:Chris McGrathSep 4, 2020
    Active Community Member

Hello Mickey,
    Thank you so much for fixing my mistakes.
    Can I use the fact that my age has something to do with it??? A pretty poor excuse I know. Being self taught does have its disadvantages!
    Many times I have wondered what has happened, as you would know from seeing my websiten I like to keep changing items around and some would go better on the smaller columns.

Your support is fantastic!
    Thank you.
    Chris McGrath

4. Mickey

By:MickeySep 4, 2020
    ClubRunner Team

Hi Chris,

You're very welcome - and no problem at all, once I found it this was easy to fix, I'm glad we could address it. Hopefully this will make Stories vs News clearer moving forward. Have a wonderful weekend!