1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Join button for a news story

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by John Borst on Apr 11, 2022.

1. John Borst

By:John BorstApr 11, 2022
    Well-Known Community Member
    Beta Tester

Retired Education Administration and Teacher
    The join button for website design and custom pages is a very useful feature. However, I would like to see one for a story page. Currently to insert social media and comments one activates a box with a check mark. Could the same be done for a join button leading to a form or a page as in the home page? The question is where to locate it? I would suggest the bottom center of the page.

-----------------------------------------------------​

For those who are not familiar with my thinking, I encourage you to view each speaker and event as a potential news story. A Club website should not be the equivalent of a static single page ad in a newspaper. It needs to be dynamic with new stories, at least weekly. Our speakers provide us with that opportunity.

Most Rotarians I know, joined to use their talents so as to contribute to improving their community. In the process, what each of us becomes is among the most informed citizens in the community. That is a good reason to promote membership in a Rotary club.

The other reason for a weekly story, is over time it improves the number of visits to our website. This is done by the search engines, like Google, Bing, and YouTube and further enhanced by our social media sites if they are properly integrated with the website. News stories therefore should invite community members to join the club.