1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Managing and Deleting Contacts Created when someone Registers for an Event

Discussion in 'General' started by Mark WILLIAMS on Sep 5, 2018.

1. Mark WILLIAMS

By:Mark WILLIAMSSep 5, 2018
    Active Community Member

Engineer
    When someone enters their email address when registering for an event, they will get an email like the one below. On a couple of occasions I have received replies asking me to remove the contact information. However, the contacts are not in our contact system - they seem to be hidden somewhere in the events system that I cannot access.

I see this as being bad for two reasons:

1. In some cases I actually want to get in touch with the people who registered for the event and I don't necessarily want to do it through eventrunner. They are my contacts and I want to be able to use them.

2. People are directed to me to delete the contacts, but I have no control over the retention of the contacts and cannot delete them. I'd rather not have to raise a ticket every time someone legitimately wants me to make the system forget they exist.

Is there some corner of the system that I have not found where I can manage contacts collected by eventrunner?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Sep 4, 2018, at 5:32 AM, Mark WILLIAMS <email address> wrote:

Dear <registrant name>

We are writing to inform you that some of your contact information has been stored with Rotary Club of Brisbane. You have been added as either a friend of the club, an event registrant, a contact, or sponsor.

We take your data privacy seriously, so we’ll only use your information for the purpose for which it was provided to us. You can read our privacy policy here.

If you do not wish for Rotary Club of Brisbane to store your information please inform the website contact to have that information removed.

This email was automatically generated by ClubRunner on behalf of Rotary Club of Brisbane.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------