1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

My Event Runner and Sage Experience?

Discussion in 'General' started by Peggy Halderman on Mar 6, 2019.

1. Peggy Halderman

By:Peggy HaldermanMar 6, 2019
    New Community Member

Retired
    The Rotary Club of Golden is considering using two modules: My Event Runner and Sage (eCommerce). Has anyone had any experience with either of these modules? Looking for pros/cons of these modules to help guide our decision. Thanks.

2. Mark WILLIAMS

By:Mark WILLIAMSMar 11, 2019
    Community Member

Engineer
    We haven't used Sage, but we use eWay which as far as I know uses the same bits of Clubrunner that Sage does. It does pretty-much what you would expect and does it well. We can collect money for events and dues and it works well and robustly. Obviously the backend and notifications you get from Sage will be different from what you get with eWay.

The major advantage eventrunner has is that it is cheap. Compared to major events sites like Eventbrite it is clunky and impossible to make a good-looking page. It also has a fixed idea of how many people any booking type covers, so for example if you have a dinner with a fixed number of seats, you either have to say a booking covers 1 person or two people. It will then count any booking as one spot or two spots. Regardless of whether a person adds guests to their booking or if you have a separate package for whole tables. In other words, it does not keep track of the number of people who have booked in any useful way.

But it can usually be made to work for the event you have and is far, far cheaper to use.

Peggy Halderman, Zach and Les Walsh like this.
  3. Peggy Halderman

By:Peggy HaldermanMar 20, 2019
    New Community Member

Retired
    Thank you, Mark! My husband is the club treasurer and was wondering about the "Sage" issue especially when our club has such a wonderful relationship with our local bank... When my team gets back to CO, I think we'll at least run a "trial" (with all but Sage at this point in time). Thank you for your insight....