1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Off Topic: What has been the effect of COVID - 19 in your district?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by John Borst on Mar 5, 2021.

1. John Borst

By:John BorstMar 5, 2021
    Well-Known Community Member
    Beta Tester

Retired Education Administration and Teacher
    For each of the past 10 years, I have researched, using my ClubRunner's District website, the membership trend over the past 12 months.

Change in membership from Feb. 2020 to Feb 2021 - a decrease of 97 members or 7.25% decline.

Since I have not created spreadsheets in the past, I am having to rely on my memory. Normally about one-third of the clubs have an increase with the result there has been a slow but steady decrease of members over the past decade.

This year, I have purposely chosen a period that is congruent with the COVID-19 pandemic and found that only three clubs showed an increase and then of only 1 member.

A loss of ninety-seven (97) is a significant decrease. The question one has to ask is how much of this is a result of the pandemic in two ways. What fraction of the 97 is a result of the death of a member due to COVID-19? And what fraction is indirectly related to the pandemic as a result of resignations because no meetings either in person or using Zoom is occurring? I would speculate that the number is significant in the latter case.

There are a number of district web managers in this group. If you could do a quick check and report it here even for just a few districts, we could see if this is a wider phenomenon.

Is Rotary International about to discover this June, that they have lost a record number of members in the 20-21 Rotary year?