1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Preferred image size for Events?

Discussion in 'General' started by Todd Nilson on Oct 24, 2021.

1. Todd Nilson

By:Todd NilsonOct 24, 2021
    New Community Member

Online Community Strategist
    I am rather new to working with the Clubrunner platform, but I have looked around for documentation and cannot seem to fine preferred image sizes for uploading an image to an event.

For that matter, a handy image size guide would be a welcome resource! Does anybody have one?

2. Mickey

By:MickeyOct 25, 2021
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Todd,

Thank you for posting. Here as some guidelines for uploading images into ClubRunner in general.

- If your image needs to be "full-width" that is it needs to fit across the width of the entire browser window you can consider uploading an image that is 1980 pixels wide.

- If your image doesn't need to be full-width you can upload an image that is 1000 pixels wide (or smaller).

- The height can be whatever is appropriate depending on the width you choose.

We actually have an article that explains how CR stores images once uploaded. Note even if your image is very large (2000 pixels wide or more) our system will shrink it down to 1980 pixels wide if uploading into the image library:
    https://www.clubrunnersupport.com/kb/articles/how-does-clubrunner-store-images

To more directly answer your question - the width of your event image would depend on how you'd like it display. If it doesn't need to fill the width of the entire browser window, you can upload the image as 1000 pixels wide (or smaller) and then resize down to smaller sizes inside ClubRunner as you'd like.

If you have more questions please post again.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2021
    Todd Nilson likes this.
  3. Todd Nilson

By:Todd NilsonOct 26, 2021
    New Community Member

Thanks, @Mickey. It would be amazingly helpful if information like this could be incorporated in tooltips or on-page help documentation within Clubrunner's admin section itself.

4. Mickey

By:MickeyOct 26, 2021
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Todd,

It's a good suggestion and I think this would help more users too. I've forwarded your suggestion to our team - to add more tooltips, buttons and in-page Help inside the member area admin sections.

I cannot guarantee any results but your name is on the suggestion so you may be notified of any progress.

Please let me know if you have more questions.

Todd Nilson likes this.
  5. Todd Nilson

By:Todd NilsonOct 27, 2021
    New Community Member

Thanks for forwarding to the dev team @Mickey! I know that you've probably got many competing priorities, but I appreciate the consideration and the fast response.