1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Recurring Calendar Items: Give them a category, just like Events

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Bob Spencer on May 21, 2018.

1. Bob Spencer

By:Bob SpencerMay 21, 2018
    Community Member

Your support site talks about Recurring Items as "perfect for weekly meetings", yet on the calendar, we cannot give recurring items a Event Type/category. For that we must create an EVENT (which cannot recur).

Its a bit frustrating and confusing to see the Legend say that "Club Meetings" are in Yellow, yet all club meetings are actually in Grey (general). Please add the Event Type field to the recurring events so we can have a type other than GENERAL for those items.

Tomas Andrén likes this.
  2. Anita Graham

By:Anita GrahamMay 24, 2018
    Community Member

YES!! I think I have sent in a recent suggestion on exactly the same topic, although not as well expressed.

In the short term I have changed our site css to so that some of our calendar items match the legend below the calendar. Without modifying the events themselves I can only pick up recurrent vs non-recurrent events. Speaker: pink, non-recurrent: blue, recurrent: gold
    Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 12.28.55 PM.png

Tomas Andrén and David H. like this.
  3. Anita Graham

By:Anita GrahamMay 24, 2018
    Community Member

P.S. I know you probs have a timeline and a roadmap etc, etc but this is one item that should be easy to retrofit.
    You have the categories defined somewhere as they appear in the legend. You have the colours defined, as they appear in the legend.

I would be happy if you just added an appropriate class to each item and let me do the colouring-in via css.

#calendar .calendar-item-non-recurrent .fc-title {
    background-color: #D7ECFD;
    }

#calendar .calendar-item-recurrent .fc-title {
    background-color: #FFD645;
    }

David H. likes this.
  4. David H.

By:David H.May 30, 2018
    ClubRunner Team

Yes Bob, you are right. Calendar Items cannot select an event type. We have had feedback from Anita and a few others about adding an option to allow this. If/once we come out with this option we will let both of you know and post in this thread.

Good job Anita for changing the CSS to make it look different and thank you for sharing the CSS code! It looks good on the calendar like this.

5. Jenna Carroll

By:Jenna CarrollFeb 18, 2020
    Community Member

Executive Director
    Is there any update on this topic lately? I'd really like to be able to color-code our reoccurring events correctly.

Also, would love the ability to edit the default event types.

Thank you!

Tomas Andrén and Bob Spencer like this.
  6. John Borst

By:John BorstNov 14, 2020
    Well-Known Community Member
    Beta Tester

Retired Education Administration and Teacher
    I am in exactly the same boat. We have a weekly fundraiser. When I use recurrent, they show as Grey, however the default color on the individual day event is greenish blue. The post before Jeanne's is dated May 2018, that is more than two years ago. Has this gotten lost in the shuffle?

7. Harris Semegram

By:Harris SemegramDec 1, 2020
    New Community Member

Lake Placid, NY, United States of America
    Concur with John Borst's post. Our club needs to have greater utilization of the calendar function but the program's capabilities (or lack thereof?) impede this. As an example, our weekly meetings are shown but the ability to remove a particular meeting is not there. Am I incorrect in thinking that the entire recurring event has to be removed and then a new recurring events created in order to skip certain weeks?

8. Harris Semegram

By:Harris SemegramDec 1, 2020
    New Community Member

Lake Placid, NY, United States of America
    Ok, I found the help doc which speaks to removing a single occurrence from a recurring item. I stand (or actually sit :)) corrected.

Shawn likes this.
  9. Shawn

By:ShawnDec 7, 2020
    ClubRunner Team

Thank you for following up!

I did follow up with our team about this feedback and we are aware that many users would like the ability to colour code the recurring calendar items. At the moment, there are some limitations with the current recurring calendar item system. In order for us to be able to further expand the features of the recurring event system, we will need to revamp that module. We are always looking to improve ClubRunner and we have had internal discussions on how to proceed with making this improvement. While I cannot make any guarantees, our team is aware of this suggestion and is something we are reviewing for the future.

Harris, I am glad to hear you were able to locate that Knowledgebase article! If anyone else is unsure on how to delete a single occurrence within calendar items, please see the following Knowledgebase article:

https://www.clubrunnersupport.com/a...ingle-occurrence-of-a-recurring-calendar-item