1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scaling of bulletins and websites.

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Mark Humphries on Oct 1, 2021.

1. Mark Humphries

By:Mark HumphriesOct 1, 2021
    New Community Member

Scaling of bulletins and websites.

Understand that you have preset the visual area of bulletins and websites etc to 600 pixels or thereabouts. This is a little frustrating. It makes the visuals look cramped.

Agree and full appreciate that this is sizing for mobile devices and tablets. However there are still a very large portion of members who use notebooks and desktop computers. Age demographic often means members will not read from a mobile device.

When creating a bulletin of the like, there are a icons that you click on to show what it will look like on various devices, this is fine, BUT when you click on computer, it is so narrow, there is so much waisted screen real estate.

Can Clubrunner configure auto scaling for websites, bulletins, same as many other web based applications.

2. Mark WILLIAMS

By:Mark WILLIAMSOct 29, 2021
    Active Community Member

Engineer
    Hmm. I just looked at a couple of our e-bulletins on my phone (both in the email version and the view on the web version) and agree that it might be time to revisit this design choice. In the old days you never sent an html email wider than 600 pixels because that was the narrowest desktop size. This was just a limitation of how mail clients handled html-formatted email.

But now I note that my mail client and browser on the phone, despite the fact that the format is just too wide for my phone in portrait mode, handle it pretty well. It even handles responsive design and puts columns in vertical order when it's too wide.

I agree that 600px is a bit narrow for good formatting and now that 800px or even 1000px might not break anything, it could be time to allow the canvas to be widened.

On another note, we need a bit of padding or the option to add padding on bulletin stories in single-column formats. If you look at the single column format below, you'll see that the text rund right to the edge of the box and it isn't easy on the eye. 3px of padding would help a lot here. In 2-column format there is no such problem - padding is added to the div. (see second picture.)

2021-10-30_114119.jpg 2021-10-30_114137.jpg