1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Setting up Google Analytics

Discussion in 'General' started by Dennis Dinsmore on Aug 28, 2022.

1. Dennis Dinsmore

By:Dennis DinsmoreAug 28, 2022
    New Community Member

Software development
    I need the latest info on setting up Google Analytics on ClubRunner websites. An article published in March of 2021 titled "How to track website statistics with Google Analytics" by Omar & updated by Michael stated that ClubRunner does not support GA-4 and users must select Universal Analytics on the Google site when setting up. Unfortunately, that option no longer exists and Google warns that in mid 2023 that option will go away.

I found an earlier response that ClubRunner is working on the upgrade which is great, it will help sites which have already set up under Universal Analytics. Those of us who wish to set up something now don't seem to have any option.

What are the latest instructions for installing Google Analytics on ClubRunner sites?

Last edited: Aug 28, 2022
  2. Cheryl Warren

By:Cheryl WarrenAug 28, 2022
    Community Member

Marketing Consultant
    I need this as well please. Can you send to me also? THanks

3. Mickey

By:MickeyAug 30, 2022
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Dennis and Cheryl,

Thank you for posting. Our team will be updating the ClubRunner Google Analytics feature to incorporate GA-4, the newer system. The older system is "Universal Analytics" which has a cutoff date of July 1st, 2023 (as of this writing), our team is aware of this deadline.

I hope you should still be able to install "Universal Analytics" at this time, it has not yet been discontinued. Here is a Help article from Google themselves:
    https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/10269537?hl=en

If this isn't working or you have more questions please post again.

4. Dennis Dinsmore

By:Dennis DinsmoreSep 4, 2022
    New Community Member

Software development
    From Dennis...
    Thanks Mickey. The first time through the setup process I missed the step where I had to select Universal Analytics under Advanced Options. Once I selected that option, the rest was easy. Now I just have to wait the required 2 days to make sure the setup worked.

5. Mickey

By:MickeySep 6, 2022
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Dennis,

Very glad you were able to select the options under "Advanced". If you have any issues or more questions please post again.