1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

SMS/MMS communications

Discussion in 'General' started by Damian Boyle on Aug 23, 2017.

1. Damian Boyle

By:Damian BoyleAug 23, 2017
    New Community Member

Is there any way that we can utilize the communications centre to send SMS texts? Half our membership don't read their emails but respond to SMS texts. This means that I use ClubRunner for emails then cut and paste into a Group Text App to resend via SMS.

Ted Faigle, Zach and Jim Goit like this.
  2. Mickey

By:MickeyAug 24, 2017
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Damian,

Thank you for this suggestion. Our team has been discussing this topic since the Atlanta convention, and our Senior staff has been investigating this before then. One of the main considerations is the balance between price and security. Some of the more secure services our team has liked could prove cost prohibitive. Alternately, there are actually services that will allow sending free SMS and text messages, however these services will also record and archive all the messages. Third party message recording is not an acceptable option for our customers.

I am going to submit your SMS/text integration suggestion to our DEV team formally on your behalf. While I cannot garuntee when or if this suggestion might be implemented, each suggestion is carefully evaluated by our team. If I receive any feedback I will let you know. Have a wonderful day.

Damian Boyle and Zach like this.
  3. Douglas Schrage

By:Douglas SchrageJun 24, 2019
    New Community Member

I would like to add my voice to others in support of this. As an organization, Rotary is trying to appeal to younger potential members. What they're telling me is that email is not an effective way to reach them, whereas sms messaging can be. Thank you.