1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Use of Enhanced Volunteer & Signup for COVID-19

Discussion in 'COVID-19 Support & Resources' started by David McKellar on Mar 23, 2020.

1. David McKellar

By:David McKellarMar 23, 2020
    New Community Member

We are using the enhanced module to enlist both members and non-member volunteers from our local community to deliver food and prescriptions during the pandemic. Would like to know how other clubs are creatively using this module so that we can improve effectiveness and efficiency!

2. David McKellar

By:David McKellarMar 25, 2020
    New Community Member

When signing up non-members (public) to, for example, doing food deliveries they seem to have to input their name and email each time - we need a means to be able to add public volunteers to a task from a list of volunteers! Can this be done?

3. David McKellar

By:David McKellarMar 27, 2020
    New Community Member

Hey CR support! How about adding another category under 'Other User List' so that during COVID-19 we could add 'Volunteer' --- otherwise we are stuck adding them as 'Staff' or 'Other' - this should be an easy fix? This way a volunteer doesn't have register each time they signup for a task!

4. Mickey

By:MickeyMar 27, 2020
    ClubRunner Team

Hello David,

Thank you for the request. I've gone into your club database and added one more "Other" user type -> "Volunteer". Next time you add an Other User please verify for yourself, this new user type is available immediately.

At this time "Volunteer" Other user is only installed at your own club website, but if more users are interested in having this available at their club too, we can certainly talk to the team about implementing a wider-breadth solution (i.e. to more clubs).

If you have further questions please post again.

5. Mickey

By:MickeyMar 27, 2020
    ClubRunner Team

Hello David,

This is actually a reminder that I failed to let you know in my previous post. When you create Other Users (anyone you'd like) - note they will have a login account, be able to use the CR mobile app, access club documents, have basic (read only) access to your member lists, etc.

If you wish to restrict to these non-member volunteers I would suggest giving them access level 80 (restricted access) instead of 70 like your regular members. This would give them very limited access, no access to member lists, but still allow them to signup for volunteer tasks. See this article for access levels:
    https://www.clubrunnersupport.com/article/333-what-access-levels-are-there-in-clubrunner

Have a safe and wonderful day.

6. David McKellar

By:David McKellarMar 27, 2020
    New Community Member

Thanks Mickey - much appreciated :) ... will use access level '80' as recommended.