1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Vocations - searchable

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by David Loveland on Aug 20, 2020.

1. David Loveland

By:David LovelandAug 20, 2020
    New Community Member

One of the strengths of Rotary is our members to be able to contribute based on their vocations - and not just professional vocations, but also hobbies, skills, etc in which we participate. To be able to search these vocations, and then contact members who could contribute their specific abilities would be VERY helpful and make Rotary far more effective. For example, I am a Woodworker, Handyman, and Scuba Diver. I also own a pickup truck. If these attributes could be listed, and searchable, then other members, committee chairs, would be able to find these attributes and call on me when these skills are needed. For example, if a renovation project was being organized, or a piece of furniture needed to be repaired, or someone was interested in asking about Scuba Diving, they could contact me to discuss it. Or if there is the need to help someone move a donated refrigerator, and needed the assistance of someone with a truck. Members are far more than our formal vocations and can contribute these capabilities.