1. Hello Guest!

Thank you for visiting the ClubRunner Community website, you can login using your ClubRunner account information by clicking the login link on the top of every page.
    Dismiss Notice

Website Beta & Logo Hell

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Abbott Fleur on Jul 7, 2019.

1. Abbott Fleur

By:Abbott FleurJul 7, 2019
    New Community Member

I wanted to replace our logo, since a town name was not properly included. When I replaced the original logo with the new one (I use Photoshop). It either gets cut-off or wrapped around. I followed the 1140 pixel rule and the town names were cut off.

If I make it shorter ... it wraps. I should not spend 1.5 hours trying to get the logo to fit.

What am I doing wrong.

I've given up right now. I have real work to do.

Abbott Logo 2017.png

2. John Borst

By:John BorstJul 18, 2019
    Well-Known Community Member
    Beta Tester

Retired Education Administration and Teacher
    Abbott, I too do the banners in Photoshop. I use them in a carousel. The width I use is 960 not 1140. My club site is www.dryden.org
    Here is yours at 960 pixels x 150 pixels. Please let me know if this works. Bedford-Armonk banner 960x150.png

3. John Borst

By:John BorstJul 18, 2019
    Well-Known Community Member
    Beta Tester

Retired Education Administration and Teacher
    I just checked Bob Spencer's R C of La Crescent and he too uses a carousel of pictures only his pictures are not of a uniform width. They are in the 1500 to 1600 pixel range by 500 high. That is interesting, ClubRunner must be setting the standard.

4. Mickey

By:MickeyJul 18, 2019
    ClubRunner Team

Hello Abbott and John,

John thank you for your responses and for even resizing the banner.

Abbott I'm sorry you are having issues with the banner, and also for this delayed response, this is one of our busiest times of the year.

The website banner standard width is indeed 960 pixels wide - however this is dependent on if you are using a website theme that has a banner. Abbott after review it doesn't look like your website is using a 'website banner' theme. You are using 'Impression' theme which doesn't have a standard website banner section at the top.

In its place you can put in a banner or anything else you'd like (including video) which you can't do with a 'standard banner theme' like "Elegant" or "Cloud" theme.

I hope you don't mind - I placed the banner you've included here onto your homepage at the top as your 'banner' underneath your top menu. Feel free to move/edit/delete my placement of the banner.

Here are instructions so you know how I did this:
    https://www.clubrunnersupport.com/article/1429-how-do-i-add-a-banner-on-a-new-next-gen-theme

If you don't like the way it looks, or, you have more questions please let me know in this message thread.